An exciting opportunity has arisen to become part of the new management team at FPS Carlisle, you can play a key role in establishing the new branch that will be opening early next year.
The successful candidate will have a positive and flexible outlook and enjoy working with others to overcome challenges.
Key responsibilities and duties – daily tasks will include, but not be limited to:
- Business development
- Analyse branch sales and profit performance using available database information, to identify actions to address areas for improvement.
- Take action to ensure local market knowledge and wider commercial information is kept up-to-date and communicated to relevant staff.
- Communicate range developments and branch performance to support sales effort.
- Hold regular meetings with suppliers (e.g. to review performance, product ranges, identify additional sales opportunities etc.).
- Take responsibility for the profit and loss performance of the branch, including the management of costs and business development to achieve delivery of profit.
- Customer service management
- Build and maintain positive customer relationships by using a range of contact methods (e.g. telephone, visits, invitations to trade shows etc.).
- Review and improve delivery service to aid business development.
- Resolve customer queries and issues.
- Process customer returns and warranties effectively and efficiently, in line with company procedures.
- Asset management
- Manage warehouse layout to maximise operational efficiency.
- Manage and monitor stock movements, carry out the required number of stock checks annually, make sure stock systems are maintained and updated.
- Make sure all:
- aspects of branch activities comply with company procedures and policies;
- necessary actions are taken in response to audit findings within agreed parameters; and
- branch staff understand how they can influence costs and contribute to branch profitability.
- Make sure procedures are followed and reviewed in respect of security of stock and premises (including out-of-hours alarm calls).
- Plan, monitor and adjust overall staffing levels to maintain operational efficiency.
- Use management information to identify opportunities to reduce costs/waste and improve operational efficiency.
- Credit management and banking.
- People management
- Lead on the recruitment and selection of new members of staff.
- Oversee the induction of new members of staff.
- Manage the performance of direct line reports by agreeing expectations (standards, measures etc.) and providing on-going feedback.
- Identify staff development needs and put plans in place to meet them, including providing coaching and on-the-job training where appropriate.
- Make sure driver training is organised (accident prevention).
- Deal with staff issues promptly (e.g. under-performance, misconduct, absence) and in line with relevant FPS policies, liaising with HR Advisor as necessary.
- Lead on disciplinary/grievance/recruitment/post-accident investigations and interviews as required.
- Respond to regional management requests in line with specified deadlines.
- Attend regional and branch review meetings with regional management.
- Escalate all branch operational and sales issues promptly to relevant regional manager.
- Carry out daily communication with field sales staff, holding two-way update on customer developments and issues.
- Communicate performance and change information to branch staff on an on-going basis.
- Health and safety – make sure:
- all branch equipment is recorded accurately and checked regularly;
- weekly branch H & S inspections are carried out and remedial action taken accordingly;
- accidents and incidents are recorded in line with FPS procedure;
- random vehicle safety checks are carried out;
- delivery vehicles and warehouse equipment is maintained and serviced in line with agreed frequency; and
- branch staff, contractors and visitors comply with H & S legislation, encouraging and developing a positive approach to Health and Safety at all levels.
- Flexible working pattern to ensure efficient/effective trading.
- Occasional out-of-hours travel requirements.
- Occasional overnight accommodation.
Full details are set out in the attached Job Description and Person Specification.
How to Apply
Click the button below to apply for this job, remembering to attach your CV.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org