Transmission parts see a consistent demand year-round with a notable increase in demand typically during the months of March and April.
- CV189AN – CV Joint for Audi A4 1.8 (2004-2008)
- FO210L – Driveshaft for Ford Tourneo Connect 1.8 (2009-2013)
This ‘post-winter’ rise in demand is often the result of parts breaking down as a result of road salting during the winter months.
Although a safety essential during winter time, road salt can cause a host of issues in automotive parts. Road salt can be very corrosive and cause components to rust and in turn, weaken them. The rusting process is further accelerated by repeated exposure to salt and extreme temperatures.
Common symptoms of failing transmission include:
- Popping or clicking noises when turning
- A shudder or vibration when accelerating or decelerating
- A humming or growling noise
Shaftec parts are fully catalogued on the F:Drive and MAM Autocat. Speak to your local FPS representative for further details on the Shaftec transmission range.