An exciting opportunity has arisen to become part of the new management team at FPS Carlisle, you can play a key role in the new branch that will be opening early next year.
The successful candidate will have a positive and flexible outlook and enjoy working with others to overcome challenges.
Key responsibilities and duties – daily tasks will include, but not be limited to:
· Customer sales and service management
- Make sure telephones are answered in line with local service standards.
- Investigate delivery/product problems, taking action to resolve as necessary.
- Take action to resolve carrier delivery discrepancies on behalf of customers.
- Deal with credit queries – in-branch and externally.
- Provide Proof of Delivery as requested.
· People management
- Deal with day-to-day personnel issues as they arise (e.g. initial conduct or absence conversations).
- Support the induction and probation of new employees.
- Take part in disciplinary/post-accident interviews as necessary, supporting the Branch Manager in the application of the relevant company procedures.
- Participate in recruitment processes and staff training as required by the Branch Manager.
· Resource management
- Keep the Branch Manager updated about issues in the workplace.
- Schedule staff holidays to minimise impact on branch operations.
- Plan shift patterns/work rotas to ensure completion of all branch activities within the operational timescales required.
- Monitor staff absence and attendance and take action accordingly.
- Carry out weekly clock card calculations and submit completed records to payroll.
- Monitor drivers’ weekly check sheets to identify repairs that need to be organised and to check accuracy of completion.
- Monitor and review vehicle trackers and cameras and take action as necessary.
- Manage and schedule delivery vehicle servicing.
- Coordinate and arrange stock checking, confirming areas to be checked with warehouse staff.
- Generate paperwork, complete monitoring and control data in respect of stock
- Plan and implement stock cleanses as required.
- Make sure company systems and procedures are kept up-to-date.
- Take action to repair or maintain printers/IT hardware, escalating issues to Administration Centre Systems Support team as
- Liaise with Administration Centre Finance team in respect of customers whose accounts are on stop, whose credit limit has been exceeded, or to resolve any other account enquiries.
- Book in daily stock orders, process returns of old stock and process customer
- Collect account payments and complete the branch banking on a daily
Health and safety – make sure:
- branch staff, contractors and visitors comply with H & S policies, including wearing personal protective
- staff are fully trained in the safe operation of any equipment that their job requires them to
- Flexible working pattern possible within operating
- Jobholder may be required to drive non-HGV delivery vehicle on
- Job may involve lifting/carrying/handling goods on occasion – maximum weight 25
Full details are set out in the attached Job Description and Person Specification.
How to Apply
Click the button below to apply for this job, remembering to attach your CV.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org