An increasing number of automotive manufacturers have introduced systems that now require replacement batteries to be correctly configured to the vehicle after installation.
With the introduction of new CO2 production control systems such as smart charging and Idle Start/Stop (ISS) it is essential that the vehicle has the correct battery type and specification installed.
Failure to configure the correct specification battery could result in:
- Undercharging or overcharging of the battery, resulting in damage which is not covered by the manufacturer’s warranty
- Loss of the ISS CO2 production control system functionality
- Possible loss of non-critical vehicle system functions
The configuration process therefore:
- Informs the vehicle that a new battery has been installed
- Informs the charging system of the new battery characteristics
- Ensures the vehicle uses the correct charging parameters for the new battery
To use the Yuasa Yu-Fit Battery Configuration Tool, it must be registered.
To register, download the Yu-Fit application suite using the link at the foot of the GS battery finder website located at http://batterylookupgb.gs-battery.com/. Once the application suite has been successfully installed, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the registration process.
By registering the product, the installer will be able to take advantage of the following:
- Product and technical updates via email
- Notification of application updates for the Yu-Fit
The YU-FIT configuration tool is available to order from FPS on part number GS-YUFIT.