FPS has always been known to cater for distress requirements and stocking parts that no one else does or would. Statistics reveal that 2% of the UK car parc is made of pre-1980s models. Considering that this adds up to around 700,000 cars, servicing these vehicles presents a substantial scope to the aftermarket.
FPS has now developed a Pre-1980s catalogue, specifically for classic, vintage and veteran applications and lists 10,000 parts across 35 different brands, creating a unique and exclusive opportunity for the independent aftermarket.
With a gap in the market that even MAM Autocat+ does not cater to, FPS has addressed the problem at its core by consolidating the information for modern vehicles as found on MAM Autocat+ with its own Pre-1980s catalogue.
Information at the click of a button
All of this information is available on FPS’ ecommerce site – the F:Drive and assures:
• Easy access: to data and availability of parts across FPS’ network of branches
• Same/next day delivery: without worrying about stocking or investing
• Seamless lookup: to allow smooth search
• Paperless cataloguing: no need to store and refer print copies of old catalogues
A further research study furnished over 5,000 additional applications that are covered by FPS.
Parts such as batteries, braking, ignition, filters, steering and suspension, etc. from GS, NGK, BGA, Fram, Remy, Gates and more are all listed as per application, so factors don’t need to have specialist knowledge of these vehicles to provide for the requirements arising from garages and installers.
A quick guide
For new users of the F:Drive, here is a glimpse of what needs to be done:
• Go to the Components section of the F:Drive and select ‘Vehicle Search’.
• Select the vehicle from the updated function that now provides many classics across 60 vehicle makes, including Ford, Vauxhall, Rover, VW, Mercedes, Volvo, Renault, Fiat, Citroën and Peugeot.
• Once a vehicle type is selected, the F:Drive function shows a list of product groups available for the given application to allow an easy choice.
• Upon choosing a particular product type, the part results will pop-up on the screen automatically accessing the data from the new Pre-1980s database – complete with product images and technical notes.
Please visit the F:Drive to discover this new and exciting business opportunity created by FPS.